Travel

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Saudi Arabia. Fluency #3

If I compare my culture with for example the one that the US has, I cannot tell too many differences, because in some degree they are pretty similar. But, with some Arabic countries the difference is extremely big. For me, it was hard to understand some cultural differences; for example, in Chile, drinking is not forbidden. However, men can have four wives (only men). Now that I have a lot of friends from Arabic countries, all seem very natural. Saudi Arabia is very mysterious for me because I think they hold back a lot of cultural and religious things inside their own culture, they are kind of reserved and respectful with some topics. The thing that I like a lot is that because they do not break with the meaning of being a believer. I really do not have too much knowledge about it, but from what I have seen of it, for me, this country is really interesting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home