Travel

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cultural problems

Countries around the world have different cultures. It is not hard when you travel to another country to cross country borders but it is hard to cross culture borders. People should have cultural Intelligence (CI) when they travel to another place. Everybody can have cultural Intelligence in many ways; for example, researching on the Internet the culture of that country, asking friends, and keeping attention on dealing with other people in that country. Those are helpful to avoid cultural problems and to be successful in your work. In my experience, I am living now in the US, which has a different culture than my country, Saudi Arabia. For example, greeting, which is in my culture is by shaking hands and kissing for a woman to another woman or for a man to another man; but this greeting will never happen between men in the US, because it has a different meaning (bad meaning). I observe, Saudi men in the U.S. adapt themselves, and avoid that greeting because they know that has a different meaning. I change a lot of my traditional culture to adapt here. I think watching American movies is an easy way to know the culture here and to avoid problems.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home